Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Apple-funny girl!

What a girl! She is so much fun.  We are so glad to have her as part of our family.  Some things for mom to remember for the future mostly, but feel free to read on if you like.

Here she is making a pattern of the Sequence game pieces while the rest of us are trying desperately hard to hold onto the ones we have and keep her from removing them from the board.  Someday, I'm sure I'll miss this.  :)  Rock showed her one time how to do the pattern, and she was off after that, what a smarty!

She has so many words she can say.  It has been so nice having another child who has learned to speak early.  Ginga was the last one, the three in the middle were all almost 4 before they really bothered with learning to talk.  She loves to count, with your help of course, if there isn't any help then it goes something like this: one, two, six!  
She does this super funny thing when she wants to be left alone, she goes and sits, or lays down or even just turns her head away from the person who is bugging her and says, "I sleeping!!"  Apparently, that means, I want alone time!  She is actually pretty good about going to bed, she does seem to enjoy having that time where no one is in her space.  She isn't a big crowd person, she tends to get a bit nervous in those kinds of places, but even at home if certain siblings are giving her too much love, she tends to get overwhelmed.  

She is still potty training, today at church she insisted that she had to go right then!  Even though sacrament was almost over, she just wouldn't wait.  I decided that her hollering, "Potty!" over and over was probably not very reverent.  So off we went.  I am going to have to keep track of how long this process actually takes her though.  We are going on four months.  She is just too young to be coordinated enough to help herself.  She can't physically pull up and down her pants, so it's a lot of high maintenance for the rest of us, but mostly me.  She doesn't often consent to let anyone else help her.  But she is so aware of her need to go, and she won't take not right now for an answer.  I've tried.  She's famous for declaring her need right before nap or bedtime, of course.  And I'll try to say sometimes, not right now, when you wake up, or just use your diaper.  Yes, that is an indignation to even suggest.  How could you do such a thing mom?  But, I have to say, she always manages to do something when she is insisting on going, so..what does a mom do?  She plays along, and dreams of the times when she can just take care of it herself.  And has the sense to realize that poop is gross.  She has a bit of a fascination with it, and we have to watch her like a hawk to make sure that it stays in the potty.  Ew.   

A few other favorite words of mine: nuggle (snuggle), hungy (hungry), mo (more), Keekan (Kjersten-my niece),  gama (grandma), mooie (smoothie) and there are so many others, I can't even think of them!  

Love you little Apple!

No comments:

Post a Comment