Thursday, January 31, 2013
Squirrel's Birthday request
Squirrel's birthday is coming up at the end of February, and she is already planning. At our house we have the tradition that the birthday child gets to request what meals mommy makes on their day. So the other day, she realizes that she gets to choose! I think this is really the first year that she has fully grasped the concept. So she is bouncing around really excited and trying so hard to figure out her favorites foods. (That's a BIG deal right now, since she is having to eat lots of things she doesn't really like now that she is growing up.) Breakfast she said really fast, waffles. Then she thought some more, and said, "For lunch, I want....I want....PANCAKES!" Then she thought some more, "For dinner, I want....(you get the picture, she has to think about it), FRENCH TOAST!" I busted up laughing. Apparently her favorite things are anything covered in syrup. Did I mention the need we have had to break her sugar habit? Yea, I guess we need to keep working on that. Waffles, Pancakes, and French Toast. I told her that maybe we should talk about some of her other favorite foods and pick some things that have a bite more diversity. I don't know that all that sugar and carbs are that wonderful for the rest of us. I guess we'll see what happens. What a funny little girl. We sure love her.
Labels:
Squirrel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is hilarious! Sounds like a birthday full of meals my carb and sugar child, Jared, would LOVE!
ReplyDeleteOh seize the day! It is only one day, and your bodies will have the rest of the year to recover :). Just throw in some berries and green smoothies for the rest of you :).
ReplyDeleteI totally would do it Mary. But I thought we should explore some of her other favorite foods that she couldn't think of. She is now changing her mind rather often. :) As of now, it's French toast for breakfast, followed by pizza and then Wendy's for dinner. Hmm. I should've kept my mouth shut, it would have been easier! (And cheaper.) :)
ReplyDeleteI know how that goes. Would you believe Chugger-dude has already started telling me what he wants for his food for his NEXT birthday?
Delete