Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sickness

We've had the pukes at our house this week.  It's my least favorite to deal with when I have little people.  Ginga' got it, and I hardly could tell, because he just takes care of it now.  So nice.  Nutmeg started with it, at 3am-of course.  Then Ginga' and Mr. T.  Then we had two full days of nothing.  I thought I had gotten the best of that little germ.  Apparently not.  Poor little Apple decided to time things just right, and lost her lunch all over her car seat in my new van.  Lovely.  At least we weren't on vacation.  :)  It was a bit scary though, because it was just the two of us in the van, and all the sudden I could here all this gurgly sounding sounds.  I quickly looked back at her and could tell she couldn't get it all out, and was gagging on it!  Scared me to death.  I quickly pulled over and got her out of her chair so she could finish the job, all over me of course.  If I'm not sick with it by Sunday, that will be a miracle.  :) All week though, I have worried about her getting it.  I worried mostly that she would start in the middle of the night, and choke on it because she won't roll over in her bed.  She stays in one place every night, exactly where I put her.  She doesn't kick out of her blanket or anything.  So, I am grateful for the tender mercy that she started during the day.  That way I know what is going on, and she will be okay.

It's been a few weeks now since I started the above paragraph.  I did get sick (at 1 am on Sunday morning :), and so did everyone else, except Rock.  Lucky kid.  Funny though, Mr. T apparently hadn't gotten it earlier in the week like we had thought, he got it along with Squirrel the day after I got it, luckily I was on the mend, because Squirrel never hits the bowl the first time around, and she got it everywhere.  We were all just sitting around watching a movie Sunday night, Rock was across the room staying clear of all of us, and Squirrel let loose all over the floor, and Ginga'.  He is such a trooper.  He took it so well, he just got up and took a shower.  Good thing he'd already had it, because that would've done it otherwise.  However, he tells the story so well, that if you ever get a chance you have to have him tell it, complete with his re-enactment of what Emma was doing, because it's hilarious to watch, brings me to tears every time, so funny.  :)  Maybe I could get him to do it on camera for me and I could post it here.  We'll see.

 It was pretty miserable for a few days, Apple has taken the longest to rebound though and get her system working again.  I ended up going and getting some probiotic powder to help jump start her system back up.  It has helped TONS!!  The crazy thing about this all is that she up and decided she was done with pureed food of any kind.  Seriously, overnight.  Now she just wants whatever the rest of us are eating.  It's pretty funny when she can't have it though.  I made popcorn, and you would've thought the world had come to an end to see her face.  Talk about indignant.  If I can ever capture that expression with the camera, I'll post it.  It is the funniest look I  think I've ever seen on someone's face.

Now that we are all better, I am so grateful for our health.  It was a rough week of it around here.  Now if we could just get caught back up, then we will be doing great!


1 comment:

  1. New van?! Did you post about that? Is it hybrid too?

    Isn't that just like kids to "break things in"...not so gently.

    BTW, Lek likes the pic of Mr. T. :) Awesome.

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete