Last week, I told the girls that their room had to get cleaned up, big time. It was such a mess, huge, gigantic practically falling out of the door messy. Well, after a bit of grumbling, Nutmeg went in and took care of most of it, while Squirrel was the errand runner. This is typically how it works during clean up, Squirrel just can't figure out how to deal with big messes. Even Nutmeg was challenged by this one, but they prevailed and got it back to a somewhat passable state, not clean by my standards, but much improved. They have also divided the room into sections, and Nutmeg tries really hard to make sure that Squirrel cleans her part. However, Squirrel's way of cleaning her section looks more like shoving everything under her bed, into the closet, under her pillow, or into her drawers. After she stated that she was done, I quizzed her about those areas, and she grinned sheepishly, and I told her that she had better go back and try again, or that I'd be coming in there with a garbage sack at some point in the near future. I knew I couldn't do it that day, so I told her it would be with in the next three days that I would do it unless she got to it first. Of course, she didn't choose to go do it right then, she wanted to go play. I mentioned it again the next day, and she just smiled like she didn't really believe me, and off she went to play some more. Well, the next day I decided that I had time to tackle that room, and told her that during naptime, I was going in. She looked at me and said,
"Well, just don't throw away my journal, okay? Those are really important."
And off she went to play in the snow. I am sure glad she knows what is really important. :) And now there is actually room in her bed for her to sleep. And she can find the important stuff (like her journal) in her drawers, since I cleaned them out for her. I took out a kitchen sized garbage bag full of papers and other things that she generally insists that she can't live without. Boy she sure made us laugh around here at that one though, what a fun girl she is, so glad we have her!
No comments:
Post a Comment