She is turning into quite the pianist. I love listening to her play.
She has tons of artistic talent that I'm blown away by, especially since I struggle to even draw stick figures. Here are a few of the paintings she's done recently in the art class that I finally convinced her to take.
She's so funny, she was very reluctant to take the class, not feeling very comfortable with someone that she doesn't know. Each week I'd ask her if she was enjoying it, and she would be really casual in her answer. Not a lot of excitement at all. Most weeks she would say, "I already knew how to do...what ever it was they learned." But although she knew how to do it, she didn't always know why you do it. So, I think it was good for her, and I think she's excited to start the next class in January.
Waterlily
autumn tree
Moab? Looks like Southern Utah anyway.
My favorite-a tree in bloom.
Can I just say how interesting and sometimes challenging it is to home school a child who is so different than me? She is so creative, and loves to make things beautiful, I am far more practical in the way that I approach things, that trying to find the best ways to help her learn are really trying on me at times. But, she is coming along so wonderfully and it is so fun to see her very unique self coming out. I can't believe she's 11 already. Wow. Love you Nutmeg!





Amazing, Nutmeg...so beautiful! We will have to have you over to show my Liliputian how to do these things...and me! :)
ReplyDelete