Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Croup

Apple officially has croup.  I can't believe that none of the children have ever had croup. Crazy.  Tuesday night she was wheezing something awful, so I took her to the after hours clinic to see if there was anything to help her.  They said it was good I'd brought her because the fix is pretty easy, but she was pretty restricted and could have been dangerous to her.  (I can't even say it out loud, or written what could have happened!)  They gave her a shot of steroid and she is doing much better.  She still barks like a dog, but that's okay.  She's dealing with it pretty well, just lots of holding.  Her voice is pretty funny though.  I did a quick recording of it.  Here it is:
She is very gravely and deep, kind of cute, but sad at the same time.  All the kids have this junk.  Ginga's fever has broken, and is doing better, so it looks like we have another week of this garbage.  I'm grateful for modern medicine.  Listening to the children barking away, it reminds me of Anne of Green Gables when Diana's little sister gets the croup and nearly dies.  Anne helps nurse her through the night and saves her life.  So glad that we have other things to help us get through it.  I'm not very good at 'up all night'. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment