Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Grilled Salmon and California Slaw



This is what we had for dinner last night.  It was so good.  I tried to take a fancy picture, but it didn't do it justice.  It had this yummy oriental marinade and sauce on it.  So good.

This is the sauce recipe: it's the secret ingredient for sure.

3 TBL soy sauce
1 garlic clove, peeled (press it if you aren't going to blend the sauce up)
1 tsp ginger finely chopped
2 1/2 TBL honey
1 tsp toasted sesame oil (this is my new favorite seasoning, it smells so good.)
1/4 C rice vinegar
14 C olive oil

You are supposed to blend this altogether, it makes it a very nice sauce when you do, but I suppose if you were feeling lazy, you could just hand mix it.

Then you use half to marinade the fish, then the other half you put on the coleslaw.

The coleslaw had: Napa cabbage, red bell pepper, carrots, water chestnuts and avocadoes in it.  Salt and pepper to taste.

We are making this one again, for sure! 

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be my favorite recipe source when I get to a place where I can actually get more than three ingredients for anything :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love food, and yummy recipes. I'd be happy to share recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete