Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Squirrel-isms

Our little Squirrel is so funny.  Some of the things that come out of her mouth, crack us up.  I sometimes feel that she is an old soul in a little body.  I have been wanting to do this blog, mostly to keep up on the funny and cute and sweet things they all do.  But especially for her, someday, we will all have a good laugh about all the things that she says.  So, the most recent thing she said is this.

We were watching Looney Tunes the other day, just the girls and I.  The boys were gone to Arizona, and the girls wanted to do something out of the ordinary, so I went to Amazon and searched around for something free we could watch, since we have Amazon Prime.  Well, we are pretty particular around here about what we watch, and mostly we only watch documentary type things, unless the movie is just supposed to be amazing.  Especially for Squirrel, she has a very active imagination, and we learned the hard way that if she watches something at all disturbing, she can't even eat, she gets so worked up about it.  And it takes a long time to get it out of her head.  So, I wasn't interested in having that happen again, especially when I was the only parent in the house for a few days.  So, I found Looney Tunes.  It has been forever since I saw it, and I figured it was safe.  Anyway, the episode was about when the Martian guy is trying to blow up earth and Bugs Bunny ends up in a rocket and blasted to Mars.  Well the whole time, Squirrel is sitting next to me, sort of huffing and grunting and obviously having an issue of some sort.  Finally, she blurts out, like she's had a revelation, "This show must teach kids what they should not do!  Blowing up earth is bad!"  Funny girl.  But smart, blowing up earth, would be bad.  Apparently, she watches TV to learn something from it, she sure was trying hard to find a moral in that cartoon.

After watching a few more episodes, I realized that there is a ton of blowing up and shooting things in Looney Tunes, I had forgotten how violent it could be.  But since it's so unrealistic and bright and colorful, defying all laws of nature and physics, she didn't have any bad dreams and hasn't seemed to have had any side effects from it.  Yippee!

1 comment:

  1. She's ready for Vanguard! Way to find morals and connections...

    ReplyDelete